AN EXCLUSIVE ACADEMY FOR HOLISTIC
"KATHAK DANCE EDUCATION"
Sampoorna Academy of Culture & Education (SpACE) is an environment for the growth of artists in the field of Kathak. We follow a highly structured curriculum and methodology, including:
- Taal & Laya – with musicians. Exclusively at SpACE!
- Story Telling – enables learners to 'connect' with the dance. Exclusively at SpACE!
- Choreography – self learning and expression. Exclusively at SpACE!
- Annual Stage Performances – professional stage exposure. Exclusively at SpACE!
- Workshops – by eminent Gurus from across India. Exclusively at SpACE!
- Field Trips – focus on watching dance performances by other groups. Exclusively at SpACE!
- SpACE Repertory – selected learners join a high-intensity performing group.
- Kathak Certification – KSEEB certifications from Junior to Vidwat exams.
SpACE is a Kathak only learning centre. We conduct regular classes during the week (weekdays and weekends) for all age groups. We also offer personalised, one-to-one and on-site learning.
A learning platform your child will cherish. The teachers at SpACE are "life coaches". Watch the transformation take plaace at SpACE! Thanks Anjana and Shruti for sharing your craft and talent with the general populace.
- Gayathrie Maediratta, Parent
Coming to SpACE for Kathak is something I always look forward to. Apart from physical empowerment, I also get exposure to various aspects of Dance in SpACE like history of Dance, stories, understanding of Taal, origins of various dance forms, meeting the gurus in the field of Kathak, Choreography.
- Rashmi Kulkarni
The duo of Anjana and Shruti Gupta gave a scintillating performance of Kathak at Yavanika, State Youth Centre on February 6, 2015 under our 'Every Friday Cultural Evening Programme'.
Led by their experienced Founder/Director Smt Anjana Gupta, the SpACE group has earned a name for itself as an academy for the holistic training and education of Kathak. Their performances are reputed for being flawless and enthralling.
- SGBS Trust and Saraswati Gana Sabha
My gurus constant words of encouragement have enabled me to improve my technique and helped me come to terms with the many intricacies of Kathak. She was the driving force behind my first ever solo performance, going as far as bending a rule or two to make sure I had what I needed at incredibly short notice.
- Yuthika Subramanyan